Kiewit Power Nuclear (KPN) is committed to leading construction (EPC) efforts to support the 104 operating nuclear power plants in the United States. Kiewit can perform all of the activities required by any of the stations in a safe, high-quality and cost-effective manner during the performance of any work assigned to the organization.
We have the experience and are proficient in many areas, such as:
- Safety – It is our highest priority.
- QA Program - Kiewit has a utility NUPIC-audited Appendix B program, a fully endorsed (by the ANIS) and audited NQA-1-2008, Spring 2009 addenda ASME Section III requirements.
- Core Team – Our management team of includes many individuals that have performed work at nuclear plants throughout the United States, from original construction and maintenance and modifications activities through numerous outages (including one world record 14 day outage at a nuclear plant in Alabama), restart of a mothballed plant and a number of steam-generator replacements.
- Training – Our training leader has more than 30 years of experience at nuclear facilities. All of our training programs are based on SAT process. Individuals are assigned to work at a nuclear facility only after attending a rigorous training program required by Kiewit.
- Task Managed – Kiewit maintains a strong focus on job planning, safety, quality and procurement coordination, resulting in total process efficiencies and high productivity.
- Labor Strategy – Kiewit has worked with labor throughout the United States and Canada and is signatory on most construction agreements. Kiewit has experience attracting and retaining a talented labor workforce. Kiewit has trained, degreed engineers (CE, ConE., ME & EE) in management and supervision of construction and support operations.
- Cost/Budget Certainty – Kiewit has performed EPC contracts throughout the United States with tremendous success. The last 20 power plant projects performed by Kiewit have been completed on time and under budget.
- ASME – KPN has the ANIIS (Authorized Nuclear Inspector Instructor Supervisor) endorsement of our Nuclear Quality Assurance Manual.
- Procedures – KPN has more than 122 active implementation procedures.
- N Stamp Program – KPN has completed our N stamp demonstration test for ASME certification for N, NA, NPT and NS stamps.
- Bench Strength – KPN has trained more than 300 employees on nuclear expectations per NANtel.