It all began in 1884, when Peter and Andrew Kiewit formed a small masonry partnership in Omaha. With a focus on people, integrity, excellence and stewardship, the brothers shaped the foundation of what our company stands for today.
In 1924, we celebrated our 40-year mark with our first million-dollar project — the 10-story Livestock Exchange Building in the South Omaha meat-packing district. This opportunity launched our track record of prestigious work — some of the earliest being well-known regional landmarks like the Nebraska State Capitol in 1927.
Today, we’re an employee-owned corporation that continuously sets the bar for innovation in the industry. From the first floating offshore platform to the widest bridge in the world, we’ve been making history for 130 years. And we’re not done yet. Come be part of our journey.