Kiewit is dedicated to maintaining the highest environmental compliance standards. Taking green to the next level is not only a good business practice; at Kiewit, we believe it’s just the right thing to do.
Building Green Services
We have a large staff of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) accredited professionals and more than $1 billion in LEED® certified construction experience; ensuring the best energy-saving options are incorporated into all our projects. Kiewit is a founding member of the Nebraska Flatwater chapter of the US Green Building Council and supports others nationwide. For more information on our Building Green Services, visit our Kiewit Building Group.
Qualified Commissioning Providers
Kiewit has a dedicated staff of mechanical, electrical and construction engineers accredited as Qualified Commissioning Process Providers (QCxP) as endorsed by the University of Wisconsin - Madison. This team ensures that all building systems are functioning as intended and that the fundamental commissioning prerequisite for LEED® certification is fully met. See all our building green services for more information on the LEED® certification process.
Taking Care of the Environment
It’s not enough to talk about sound environmental practices; Kiewit puts those practices into action. At every project site, we are committed to adopt more sustainable alternatives so the environment is preserved and respected.
- Kiewit offices support sustainable features such as reducing energy and water consumption, while offering a healthy indoor environment for all employees.
- Equipment Fleet Standards. Kiewit continually upgrades and modernizes its equipment fleet to meet or exceed emission standards, including its fleet in California – the highest standards in the U.S.
- Kiewit purchases preferred product lines that use recycled content and buying in bulk.
The Work We Perform
Our clients have come to expect the best and that’s what we give them.
- We build water and wastewater treatment plants. Helping conserve our most important natural resource is a job we’re proud to do.
- We perform air quality retrofit projects, including sulfur, mercury, CO2 and particulate removal.
- We have completed light rail and commuter rail projects across North America, helping to reduce traffic and carbon emissions.
- Our work in renewable energy markets includes wind power, concentrated solar power, hydroelectricity, geothermal energy and alternative fuel sources.